ECIPE is looking to fill in an internships position, as Research Assistant in Economic Analysis, starting in February 2023.
The ECIPE internships are remunerated and last until the end of July 2023 with a possible extension until December 2023.
Interns participate in all of the institute’s work and undergo a training programme designed after their future career interests. Interns assist ECIPE’s scholars with their research programmes and in particular will perform the following tasks:
- Assist with the development of economic and statistical analysis to support ongoing research projects;
- Work with comprehensive databases, review, analyse, and interpret economic indicators when developed;
- Perform statistical analyses using Excel, R, SAS or STATA;
- Assist in the writing and editing reports, publications, blogs and technical reports;
- Participate in conferences, seminars and workshops related to ECIPE’s interests;
- Perform any other additional work tasks as assigned.
A successful applicant will have a Master’s degree in international economics/trade economics or statistics, or international political economy with a quantitative approach. The applicant should have an interest in trade policy, technology, and the digital economy.
We are looking for applicants with excellent knowledge of economic analysis and great numerical skills. Exceptional knowledge of MS Excel is required. Strong data management and quantitative analytical abilities, comprehensive skills in statistical (trade) modelling and experience with STATA, SAS or R are desired.
Applicants should demonstrate research and writing skills, be organised and pay attention to details. Proficiency in English is required.
We are particularly looking for applicants with an excellent academic record and with a strong interest for a future career in academia, journalism, or policymaking. Preference is given to candidates who have completed their Master’s degree recently.
- Letter of interest explaining the reasons to apply for an internship with ECIPE (no more than 1 page);
- CV with two academic references (contact details are sufficient);
- MSc/MA dissertation in English or a writing sample (an article or an essay) in case your dissertation is in another language than English
How to apply:
Applications deadline is 23:59, on Sunday, January 1, 2023. The documents should be sent to email@example.com as one PDF file. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates by January 15, 2023.