- Spain goes digital
Digitalisation of the Spanish economy and how Spain compares with other EU countries
- The Death of the Centre in European Politics
Fredrik Erixon in a Spectator cover story that populism is about to become the ruling norm in Europe
- Kabotage-Gesetze: Über den Versuch Emmanuel Macrons, Mittel- und Osteuropäer aus dem Europäischen Binnenmarkt zu drängen
Matthias Bauer writes (in German) about the negative implications of restrictions of cabotage in EU freight transport.
- Ett nytt tonläge
Fredrik Erixon writes about populism, nationalism and Europe in an essay for the Axess Magazine (in Swedish).
- Eleições indicam UE mais defensiva em questões comerciais
Natalia Macyra talks about the outcome of the European Parliament election in Valor Econômico (in Portuguese)
- Ett nytt tonläge
Fredrik Erixon takes stock of populism and centrist parties ahead of the EU election
- EU riskerar stanna upp om populisterna vinner valet
Fredrik Erixon interviewed about the EU election in Finnish public teve
- Market Concentration, Regulation, and Europe´s Quest for a New Industrial Policy
Oscar Guinea and Fredrik Erixon publish in ProMarket, an economics blog of the Stigler Center at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, on the new push for new interventionist EU Industrial Policy.
- De Hundra Regleringarnas Parlament
Dagens Nyheter writes about Fredrik Erixon’s study of the European parliament election (in Swedish)
- Nyprotektionistisk våg hotar EU
Svenska Dagbladet writes about Fredrik Erixon’s study about the election to the European Parliament (in Swedish)
- Experten: Populistpartier betraktas inte längre som galenpannor
FPlus interviews Fredrik Erixon about populism and liberalism in Europe (in Swedish)
- Meet the man who negotiated trade for both the UK and the EU
Roderick Abbott talks to Deutsche Welle Business about the art of trade negotiations, negotiating for the EU and for the U.K. and Brexit
- Web Tax, M5S: ‘C’è chi crede che più che di nuove tasse abbiamo bisogno di una nuova fiscalità’
Matthias Bauer interviewed by ilblogdellestelle on the EU’s Digital Services Tax
- Watum es besser keine Digitalsteuer gibt
Matthias Bauer interviewed by Meinungsbarometer on the EU’s Digital Services Tax initiative.
- En hård brexit skulle vara katastrofal och resultera i kaos
Fredrik Erixon writes in Sydsvenskan about a hard Brexit and its consequences.
- ‘A reform-or-die moment’: Why world powers want to change the WTO
Fredrik Erixon talks to the CNBC about WTO reform
- Trump and Johnson line up ‘massive’ trade deal
Fredrik Erixon is interviewed by CNBC about UK-US trade talks
- EU och OECD är fel ute om bolagsskatten
Matthias Bauer’s research on corporate taxation discussed in Dagens industri, Swedens leading business newspaper.
- INSIGHT: Taxing the Digital Economy—Pillar One Is Not BEPS 2 (Part I)
Matthias Bauer’s research discussed by Bloomberg Tax.
- Plastik-, CO2- und Digitalsteuer EU-Eigenmittel und ihre Stolpersteine
Matthias Bauer’s research discussed by ORF, Austria.
- Huawei chief offers to share 5G know-how for a fee
Hosuk Lee-Makiyama comments Huawei licencing plans for the BBC.
- Phil Hogan to be the new face of increasingly assertive EU trade policy
Hosuk Lee-Makiyama featured in Borderlex’s profile of new trade Commissioner-designate.
- France is giving unilateralism a go
Hosuk Lee-Makiyama comments on the French GAFA tax for the Economist.
- Japan trade accord becomes post-Brexit priority for UK
David Henig comments UK post-Brexit FTA priorities for the Financial Times.
- Trump has a lot to say about Brexit. But do Brits listen?
David Henig quoted on the Washington Post.
- Imposing tariff on digital companies will be counter-productive: Report
Hosuk Lee-Makiyama & Badri Narayanan study on the repercussion of tariffs for digital goods and services featured on the Financial Express.
- Global Digital Trade 1: Market Opportunities and Key Foreign Trade Restrictions
Digital Trade Estimates Project Database used in USITC study
- Digital technology diffusion: A matter of capabilities, incentives or both?
Digital Trade Restrictiveness Index used in OECD study
- Digital Trade in the US and Global Economies
Hosuk Lee-Makiyama hearing at USITC used in study
- World Trade Report 2018: The Future of World Trade: How Digital Technologies are Transforming Global Commerce
Digital Trade Restrictiveness Index used in WTO study
- New Occasional Paper: The Role of Trade Policy in Promoting Sustainable Agriculture
- New Policy Brief: The Economic Losses From Ending the WTO Moratorium on Electronic Transmissions
- New Policy Brief: Preference Utilisation and Customs Data: The Missing Pieces of the FTA Puzzle
- New Policy Brief: Europe and South-East Asia: Shifting from Diplomacy to Unilateralism
- New Occasional Paper: Standing Up for Competition: Market Concentration, Regulation, and Europe’s Quest for a New Industrial Policy
- New Policy Brief: Sweden, UK and the EU: Managing post-Brexit Relations and Defining a new Agenda for European Competitiveness
- New Working Paper: Patterns of Trade Restrictiveness in Online Platforms: A First Look
- New Policy Brief: What the 2018 (and 2020) Elections Mean for U.S. Trade Policy
- New Policy Brief: Impasse in the WTO Dispute Settlement Body: Consequences and Responses
- New Policy Brief: The EU-Japan EPA – Freer, Fairer and more Open Trading System
- New Occasional Paper: The Cost of Fiscal Unilateralism: Potential Retaliation Against the EU Digital Services Tax (DST)
- New Policy Brief: Online Platforms, Economic Integration and Europe’s Rent-Seeking Society: Why Online Platforms Deliver on What EU Governments Fail to Achieve
- New Policy Brief: 5G and National Security: After Australia’s Telecom Sector Security Review
- New Five Freedoms Policy Brief: The Next Steps for the Digital Single Market: From Where do We Start?
- New Five Freedoms Policy Brief: Cooperation in Europe’s Digital Economy: How do Countries Position Themselves?