- Meet the man who negotiated trade for both the UK and the EU
Roderick Abbott talks to Deutsche Welle Business about the art of trade negotiations, negotiating for the EU and for the U.K. and Brexit
- Web Tax, M5S: ‘C’è chi crede che più che di nuove tasse abbiamo bisogno di una nuova fiscalità’
Matthias Bauer interviewed by ilblogdellestelle on the EU’s Digital Services Tax
- Watum es besser keine Digitalsteuer gibt
Matthias Bauer interviewed by Meinungsbarometer on the EU’s Digital Services Tax initiative.
- En hård brexit skulle vara katastrofal och resultera i kaos
Fredrik Erixon writes in Sydsvenskan about a hard Brexit and its consequences.
- Standing up for competition
Oscar Guinea and Fredrik Erixon write about EU competition policy and the crave for European Champions
- L’Union européenne au bord de la rupture
Fredrik Erixon writes in Courrier International about populism and the upcoming EU election
- Right-wing Populists Gaining Seats in Europe
Fredrik Erixon interviews by the Swedish public broadcaster about the European Parliament election (in Swedish).
- Nuclear war is not around the corner
Fredrik Erixon writes a Delhi Notebook for the Spectator
- EU-wide digital services tax could make system worse, warns pan-European think-tanks
Matthias Bauer’s study discussed by CITY A.M.
- The Innovation Illusion and hidebound capitalism
Fredrik Erixon talks to the Free Exchange podcast about his book on innovation and capitalism.
- Det krävs ett mirakel för att undvika en hård Brexit
Fredrik Erixon says in Sydsvenskan (in Swedish) that Britain is heading for a hard Brexit.
- In the shadow of America First – three EU trade conflicts flying under the radar
Hosuk Lee-Makiyama writes about the three EU trade conflicts flying under the radar.
- The Brexit deal can be improved
David Henig suggests a number of possible improvements to the Brexit deal in an article originally published by the Telegraph.
- That brand new Tory plan for Brexit? Here’s why it’s dead in the water
David Henig writes an Op-ed analysing the proposed ‘Malthouse compromise’ on Brexit.
- A populist surge in the May 2019 elections could change the face of the EU forever
Fredrik Erixon writes about the populist surge in the May 2019 elections.
- Fearing Populism, France and Germany Flee Into the Past
Oscar Guinea comments in Foreign Policy on the idea of a new EU industrial policy and industrial champions
- Crash on the Autobahn: Europe can’t afford new car tariffs—so the U.S. President can’t either
ECIPE research on the impacts of US car tariffs was mentioned in the Wall Street Journal.
- Europe to Monitor Foreign Investments, but Don’t Expect a European CFIUS
Fredrik Erixon talks to Law.com about FDI screening in Europe.
- Tricks of the trade: Britain, the EU and doing deals in a post-Brexit world
Fredrik Erixon talks to Deutsche Welle about Brexit and trade negotiations.
- Dividends may soon be a problem for stock markets
Citywire comments CapX podcast with Fredrik Erixon on capitalism, dividends and share buybacks.
- Trade vs Human Rights: Should Atrocities Prevent Foreign Business Deals?
Danny Murty comments on TRT Roundtable on the utility of economic sanctions against Myanamar in the wake of the Rohingya Crisis.
- Corbyn fails yet again to grasp the magic of competitive markets
Oscar Guinea and Fredrik Erixon’s study discussed by CITY A.M.
- Britain Looks Into the Trade Abyss
Roderick Abbott comments on the Brexit process in Foreign Policy
- UK trade push with Gulf nations reeks of desperation
David Henig comments on the idea that the UK could complete a trade deal with the Gulf.
- Bei Steuern handlungsunfähig: Auch Digitalsteuer gescheitert
Matthias Bauer quoted by Kurier (Austria) on the myths and misconceptions in the debate about a tax on digital services.
- Un tête à tête au G20?
Fredrik Erixon interviewed by Euronews about the G20 summit.
- Europe’s Digital Tax Fangs Would Bite More Than Google, Facebook
Matthias Bauer quoted by BloombergTax on Digital Services Tax.
- Some countries ‘more comfortable’ with interim deal on digital tax, EU diplomats say
Matthias Bauer quoted on Digital Services Tax.
- EU Digital Tax Deal By Year-End Realistic, Diplomat Says
Matthias Bauer quoted by Law360 on the digital services tax.
- ECIPE’s work on data localization mentioned in UNCTAD’s Trade and Development Report 2018
ECIPE’s work on data localization has been mentioned in the UNCTAD’s Trade and Development Report 2018 which this year is dedicated to economic development in a digital world.
- New Working Paper: Patterns of Trade Restrictiveness in Online Platforms: A First Look
- New Policy Brief: What the 2018 (and 2020) Elections Mean for U.S. Trade Policy
- New Policy Brief: Impasse in the WTO Dispute Settlement Body: Consequences and Responses
- New Policy Brief: The EU-Japan EPA – Freer, Fairer and more Open Trading System
- New Occasional Paper: The Cost of Fiscal Unilateralism: Potential Retaliation Against the EU Digital Services Tax (DST)
- New Policy Brief: Online Platforms, Economic Integration and Europe’s Rent-Seeking Society: Why Online Platforms Deliver on What EU Governments Fail to Achieve
- New Policy Brief: 5G and National Security: After Australia’s Telecom Sector Security Review
- New Five Freedoms Policy Brief: The Next Steps for the Digital Single Market: From Where do We Start?
- New Five Freedoms Policy Brief: Cooperation in Europe’s Digital Economy: How do Countries Position Themselves?
- New Working Paper: Do Data Policy Restrictions Inhibit Trade in Services?
- New Working Paper: Do Data Policy Restrictions Impact the Productivity Performance of Firms and Industries?
- New Policy Brief: The Swiss Cheese of Trade Policy: The Case Against Product Exclusions in Trade Agreements
- New Policy Brief: The UK’s First International Trade Negotiation – Agriculture at the WTO
- New Occasional Paper: Five Questions about the Digital Services Tax to Pierre Moscovici
- New Policy Brief: Europe and South-East Asia: An Exercise in Diplomatic Patience