- Sweden has pioneered an alternative to lockdown – and it works
Fredrik Erixon says the real ‘Swedish pandemic experiment’ is about behavioural change – and that it has worked
- League of nations: the race out of lockdown
In a cover story for the Spectator, Fredrik Erixon says politics as much science are guiding Europe as it moves out of lockdown
- The Swedish experiment looks like it’s paying off
Fredrik Erixon writes for The Spectator about the success of Sweden’s different approach to tackling the Coronavirus
- No Lockdown, please, we’re Swedish
Fredrik Erixon writes for the Spectator about the Swedish approach to fighting the Coronavirus spread
- The EU’s new digital and data strategy: condemned to fail
Matthias Bauer writes for Encompass on the new EU data and industrial Strategies
- Trade policy and COVID-19: Openness and cooperation in times of a pandemic
Oscar Guinea writes about how trade policy can help to fight against the current pandemic.
- Spain 2.0. A policy in search of a government
Oscar Guinea writes about the future vision of the Spanish economy for Real Instituto Elcano.
- A European industrial policy for services: the Single Market
Philipp Lamprecht, Erik van der Marel & Oscar Guinea write about Industrial Policy for Encompass
- Spain goes digital
Digitalisation of the Spanish economy and how Spain compares with other EU countries
- The Death of the Centre in European Politics
Fredrik Erixon in a Spectator cover story that populism is about to become the ruling norm in Europe
- Kabotage-Gesetze: Über den Versuch Emmanuel Macrons, Mittel- und Osteuropäer aus dem Europäischen Binnenmarkt zu drängen
Matthias Bauer writes (in German) about the negative implications of restrictions of cabotage in EU freight transport.
- Ett nytt tonläge
Fredrik Erixon writes about populism, nationalism and Europe in an essay for the Axess Magazine (in Swedish).
- Eleições indicam UE mais defensiva em questões comerciais
Natalia Macyra talks about the outcome of the European Parliament election in Valor Econômico (in Portuguese)
- Ett nytt tonläge
Fredrik Erixon takes stock of populism and centrist parties ahead of the EU election
- EU riskerar stanna upp om populisterna vinner valet
Fredrik Erixon interviewed about the EU election in Finnish public teve
- Sharp Drop in European Output
Fredrik Erixon talks to TRT WORLD about the Eurozone economy
- Europe’s hidden weapon in combatting COVID-19: The Single Market
Oscar Guinea quoted in the EPC commentary Europe’s hidden weapon in combatting COVID-19: The Single Market
- Policy responses to the coronavirus crisis
Oscar Guinea and Koen Berden blog quoted by the European Parliament briefing What Think Tanks are Thinking
- Huawei steers into self-driving cars
Iacopo Monterosa mentioned by the in the Financial Times Tech Scroll Asia.
- Supermarket sweep: demand, supply and border delays
Oscar Guinea and Iacopo Monterosa blogs on Trade Policy and Covid-19 quoted by the UK Trade Policy Observatory
- Export bans reduce supply of medicines, med devices
Oscar Guinea comments on the recent export-ban for COVID-19 related medical products
- ‘A reform-or-die moment’: Why world powers want to change the WTO
Fredrik Erixon talks to the CNBC about WTO reform
- Trump and Johnson line up ‘massive’ trade deal
Fredrik Erixon is interviewed by CNBC about UK-US trade talks
- EU och OECD är fel ute om bolagsskatten
Matthias Bauer’s research on corporate taxation discussed in Dagens industri, Swedens leading business newspaper.
- INSIGHT: Taxing the Digital Economy—Pillar One Is Not BEPS 2 (Part I)
Matthias Bauer’s research discussed by Bloomberg Tax.
- Plastik-, CO2- und Digitalsteuer EU-Eigenmittel und ihre Stolpersteine
Matthias Bauer’s research discussed by ORF, Austria.
- Huawei chief offers to share 5G know-how for a fee
Hosuk Lee-Makiyama comments Huawei licencing plans for the BBC.
- Phil Hogan to be the new face of increasingly assertive EU trade policy
Hosuk Lee-Makiyama featured in Borderlex’s profile of new trade Commissioner-designate.
- France is giving unilateralism a go
Hosuk Lee-Makiyama comments on the French GAFA tax for the Economist.
- Japan trade accord becomes post-Brexit priority for UK
David Henig comments UK post-Brexit FTA priorities for the Financial Times.
- New Occasional Paper: The Role of Trade Policy in Promoting Sustainable Agriculture
- New Policy Brief: The Economic Losses From Ending the WTO Moratorium on Electronic Transmissions
- New Policy Brief: Preference Utilisation and Customs Data: The Missing Pieces of the FTA Puzzle
- New Policy Brief: Europe and South-East Asia: Shifting from Diplomacy to Unilateralism
- New Occasional Paper: Standing Up for Competition: Market Concentration, Regulation, and Europe’s Quest for a New Industrial Policy
- New Policy Brief: Sweden, UK and the EU: Managing post-Brexit Relations and Defining a new Agenda for European Competitiveness
- New Working Paper: Patterns of Trade Restrictiveness in Online Platforms: A First Look
- New Policy Brief: What the 2018 (and 2020) Elections Mean for U.S. Trade Policy
- New Policy Brief: Impasse in the WTO Dispute Settlement Body: Consequences and Responses
- New Policy Brief: The EU-Japan EPA – Freer, Fairer and more Open Trading System
- New Occasional Paper: The Cost of Fiscal Unilateralism: Potential Retaliation Against the EU Digital Services Tax (DST)
- New Policy Brief: Online Platforms, Economic Integration and Europe’s Rent-Seeking Society: Why Online Platforms Deliver on What EU Governments Fail to Achieve
- New Policy Brief: 5G and National Security: After Australia’s Telecom Sector Security Review
- New Five Freedoms Policy Brief: The Next Steps for the Digital Single Market: From Where do We Start?
- New Five Freedoms Policy Brief: Cooperation in Europe’s Digital Economy: How do Countries Position Themselves?