1st GEM Global International Conference
• Welcome Address: Prof. Siyeon Moon, Sookmyung Women’s University.
• Keynote Speech: Prof. Yeongseop Rhee, Seoul National University.
• Presentation of the Research Project: Prof. Patrick Messerlin, Sciences Po Paris and ECIPE
Session 1. 10:45- 12:00. Competitiveness in Cultural Industries
Moderator: Yeongseop Rhee, Seoul National University.
• Hwy-Chang Moon, Seoul National University: The Competitiveness of Korea’s cultural industry.
• Sébastien Miroudot, AKS Lab: Korean cultural industries: insights from input-output analysis.
• Jimmyn Parc, Seoul National University and Sciences Po Paris: The competitiveness of the Korean film industry-evolution through globalization.
• Patrick Messerlin, Sciences Po Paris: The French film industry: appearances and realities.
Lunch Buffet: 12:00-13:30.
Session 2. 13:30-14:45. International Developments of Korea and its Cultural Industries.
Moderator: Siyeon Moon, Sookmyung Women’s University.
• Eunsook Yang, Autonomous University (Madrid, Spain): Understanding of Korean culture and the development of Korean Studies in Spain.
• Kyuchan Kim, Korea Culture and Tourism Institute: The evolution of Hallyu: New currents of content co-production.
• Wenyan Yin, Seoul National University: Three conditions of MNEs’ choice for externalization entry mode: A case study of partnership between China and Korea in the film industry.
• Yeonwoo Lee, Seoul National University: Analyzing the strategy of K-Pop: A case study of SM Entertainment in Japan.
Coffee Break: 14:45-15:00.
Session 3. 15:00-16:15. Lessons from Korea for the Cultural diversity.
Moderator: Seok kyoeng Hong, Seoul National University.
• Sunhee Park, Seoul National University: Korean-Japanese Kimchi dispute: Drawing lessons from European system of protected designation of origin on Feta Cheese conflict.
• Yeyoung Kim, Sookmyung Women’s University: Particularity of cultural industries: Glocalization and culture code of Korean wave.
• Hyejin Shin, Université Sorbonne Nouvelle (Paris III): Embracing technology for the development of cultural industry: retrospective on French chansons.
• Jimmyn Parc and Patrick Messerlin: The ransom of success: Korea and copyrights.
Closing Remarks. 16:15. Hwy-Chang Moon (GSIS-SNU)