We want to discuss the threats and opportunities of Chinese investments in European technology and European investments in China
- How do European technology companies benefit from Chinese investors?
- What are the risks identified by European policymakers? And how do companies assess these risks? Are there differences in opinion?
- Which particular features distinguish Chinese investors from other investors, e.g. investors from the US and Japan?
- Which technology sectors are particularly sensitive regarding Chinese investments in the EU and vice versa?
- What’s in the making in Brussels with respect to investment screening?
- What are the investment conditions for European companies in China and what must be done to ensure that European companies in China are treated equally with domestic companies?
We are joined by Rainer Hundsdörfer, CEO of Heidelberger Druckmaschinen AG; MEP Iuliu Winkler (EPP), Vice Chair of the EP International Trade Committee and Standing Rapporteur for the EU-China Investment Treaty; Marco Chirullo, Deputy Head of Unit for Trade Relations with the Far East at DG Trade and Fredrik Erixon, Director at ECIPE.
A light lunch will be served after the seminar.