ECIPE Seminar: New Ethical responsibilities of Internet Service Providers?
The exceptional development of internet in recent years has brought many benefits and new opportunities for an increasing number of people. Yet, it has also raised unprecedented moral and legal questions for both users and web sites – and the internet service providers (ISP) that connects them. Meanwhile, new threats from cyber crime have put the questions around privacy, security and monitoring at the centre stage of a lively debate.
ECIPE invites you to a presentation of the recent issue of the journal Philosophy and Technology (Springer) on new ethical challenges and responsibilities of the ISPs, followed by discussions on:
- What are the new ethical challenges faced by internet service providers?
- How are these challenges impacting the Single Market and EU external trade?
- How have these questions evolved in the past – and evolve in the future?
- Professor Luciano Floridi, Editor of the Philosophy and Technology issue, University of Hertfordshire, Philosophy Department, Fellow of St Cross College, University of Oxford, founder and director of the IEG, Oxford University Information Ethics research Group.
- Robert Madelin, Director-General for Information Society and Media at European Commission
- Professor Mireille Hildebrandt, Erasmus School of Law, Rotterdam Radboud University Nijmegen, Vrije Universiteit Brussel
- Professor Dan Burk, University of California, Irvine School of Law
This event is by invitation only and the number of seats is limited. Please email your interest for participation to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: The event registration link below this message should NOT be used to register. Instead, send an email as per above.