The internships recruitment process is now closed.
ECIPE is now looking to fill in an internships position, as Research Assistant in Trade & Digital Policy, starting in January 2020.
The ECIPE internships are remunerated and last until end of July 2020 with a possible extension until December 2020.
Interns participate in all of the institute’s work and undergo a training programme that is designed after their future career interests. Interns assist ECIPE’s scholars with research programmes and perform the following tasks:
- Conduct research and monitor particular aspects of the EU Trade and Digital Policy,
- Write, prepare and edit reports, publications and blogs,
- Work with comprehensive databases, analyse and interpret economic indicators,
- Support policy analysts and economists in their research and projects,
- Participate in conferences, seminars and workshops related to ECIPE interests,
- Assist with the organization of meetings and events,
- Undertake other administrative tasks and assignments as required.
A successful applicant will have a Master’s degree in international political economy, international economics/trade economics, political science or international relations. The applicant should have an interest in trade policy, technology, and digital economy. For non-economist applicants: basic knowledge of economics and good numerical skills, including MS Excel is compulsory.
Applicants should demonstrate research and writing skills, be organized and pay attention to details. Proficiency in English is required.
We are particularly looking for applicants with an excellent academic record and with a strong interest for a future career in academia, journalism, or policy making. Preference is given to candidates who have completed their Master’s degree recently.
- Letter of interest explaining the reasons to apply for an internship with ECIPE (no more than 1 page);
- CV with two academic references (contact details are sufficient);
- MA/MSc dissertation in English or a writing sample (an article or an essay) in case your dissertation is in other language than English
How to apply:
Applications deadline is 23:59 November 17, 2019. The documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org as one PDF file. Please note that we only contact shortlisted candidates by December 1, 2019.